Jul 29, 2013

The Unique Shalom

In this portion we heard about Phinehas receiving a covenant of peace for stopping a plague that had killed 24,000.

Nu 25:10-12. And the LORD spake unto Moses, saying, Phinehas, the son of Eleazar, the son of Aaron the priest, hath turned my wrath away from the children of Israel, while he was zealous for my sake among them, that I consumed not the children of Israel in my jealousy. Wherefore say, Behold, I give unto him my covenant of peace or Shalom!
 
The amazing thing about this word “shalom” it has an anomaly in this verse that is not found in any other place in scripture!
 
The word shalom,  is spelled with a broken vav and looks like this:  
   
The letter vav is the sixth letter and represents man as man was created on the sixth day. So here we have a man who has been broken to achieve a covenant of peace. The sages say the vav since it has been broken the top half looks like a yod and the bottom half is now a vav and they say it represents Phinehas hand holding the spear that pierced through Zimri and Cozbi. I think it represents the pierced hand of Messiah nailed to the cross to achieve our peace!
 
Col 1:20 And, having made peace through the blood of his cross, by him to reconcile all things unto himself;


Be Blessed!
Courtesy of El Shaddai Ministries - Pastor Mark Biltz