Mar 18, 2014

A Message of Hope : In These Last Days

Be encouraged brothers and sisters.  There is One Who is good, perfect, holy, pure, given all power and authority.  And He is coming soon.  He will bring true justice to this world we live in.  He is our hope, our only hope.  And He is coming soon, very soon!


Switchfoot - Only Hope
 



No copyright infringement intended... just wanted to share this with people..
wikipedia
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Only_Hope


"Only Hope" is a Switchfoot song written by Jon Foreman for their 1999 album New Way to Be Human. Despite not seeing a radio single release, it is one of Switchfoot's more popular songs, due to its inclusion and prominence in the 2002 film A Walk to Remember. It is also credited with helping bring Switchfoot to a mainstream audience and consequently sign to a major label.
"Only Hope" was covered by Mandy Moore for the film (arranged and produced by the film's composer Mervyn Warren) and is included in her compilation The Best of Mandy Moore, although left out of her 2001 release. It was slated as the second single after "Cry" which, however, was not a hit and consequently "Only Hope" was not released to radio. A music video--largely a duplicate of the movie--was shot and was released successfully to music channels in Asia.
In the film A Walk to Remember

Jamie sings to Landon during the school play where they fall in love. The song ends when Landon kisses Jamie. Additionally Switchfoot's original version was played towards the end of the movie, transitioning from an orchestral score piece that was influenced by the song and was specifically written to segue into it.


There's a song that's inside of my soul.
It's the one that I've tried to write over and over again
I'm awake in the infinite cold.
But you sing to me over and over and over again.

So, I lay my head back down.
And I lift my hands and pray
To be only yours, I pray, to be only yours
I know now you're my only hope.

Sing to me the song of the stars.
Of your galaxy dancing and laughing and laughing again.
When it feels like my dreams are so far
Sing to me of the plans that you have for me over again.

So I lay my head back down.
And I lift my hands and pray
To be only yours, I pray, to be only yours
I know now, you're my only hope.

I give you my apathy.
I'm giving you all of me.
I want your symphony, singing in all that I am
At the top of my lungs, I'm giving it back.

So I lay my head back down.
And I lift my hands and pray
To be only yours, I pray, to be only yours
I pray, to be only yours
I know now you're my only hope.

some pics i got from http://gothicimages.org

http://gothicimages.org/component/opt...