And this is the Cutting Edge, a radio program dedicated to warning and informing God's people. We are committed to the study and exposition of the inerrant, inspired and authoritative Word of God. The views expressed belong to us, and are not necessarily shared by this station.
Our society is deteriorating, and Bible-believing Christians are ill-prepared to face that deterioration. This radio program is dedicated to preparing God's people to meet the challenges of the Day, and to encourage obedience to the Word of God in being separated from worldliness and false doctrine.
The moral bankruptcy of our society is well-documented.
Few people understand why we have become morally bankrupt. However, when we look at society through the eyes of God, through the Bible, we can easily see why we are facing the unprecedented troubles today. This study of America through the eyes of God is what we will always do try to here; stay with us for some eye-opening truths.
Since the beginning of our radio program, we have been showing you an America of which most of you were unaware. We have shown how this nation has rejected our original foundation of Judeo-Christian values and had replaced them with actual Satanic values. This single act has resulted in many other problems with which we are now struggling: Divorce and the breakup of the traditional family, drugs, alcohol, crime of every type, the acceptance of homosexuality, and many others. For this dramatic denial of our original Christian values, America richly deserves God's physical judgment.
Also from the beginning, we have shown how America is leading the world into the New World Order, which is the Biblical Great Tribulation. As we know, the Bible calls the Great Tribulation the greatest time of God's judgment upon the entire world that mankind has ever seen, coupled with the most murderous campaign of extinction ever carried out by any leader anytime or anywhere. Of course, this leader is the Anti-Christ, the one whom the New Agers call Maitreya.
If we are truly at the end of the Age as we believe we are, we know we are headed for massive judgment from God. And finally, we know that the New World Order plans to reorganize the world into 10 Super-Nation states immediately after officially establishing the United Nations as the One-World Government. This act will be the literal fulfillment of the prophecy of 10-toes (Daniel 2:28-48) and the 10-kings prophecy (Daniel 7:1-28). God foretells in these prophecies that three of these 10 nations will immediately be destroyed after the world is reorganized. This destruction is so complete, it sounds like war, which is consistent with God's revelations concerning the events of the Great Tribulation.
According to the New World Order reorganization plan, America will be part of the North American Super-Nation, along with Canada and Mexico. Will America be one of these three super-nations which are destroyed? Today, we will show you, in detail, that America may be the Economic Babylon of Revelation 18. We believe this prophecy fits this country exactly, so precisely that it could refer to no other nation on the earth today.
Revelation 18 describes destruction by fire--God's fire--of "Babylon the Great", an evil system that has greatly stirred God's wrath.
We need to compare the "Babylon" of Chapter 17 and the Babylon of Chapter 18. These two Babylons are not the same for following reasons:
- `And after these things...' (18:1). The events described here will not take place until after the events of Chapter 17 have been fulfilled.
- Names in the two chapters are different. The `Babylon' in Chapter 17:5, is named `Mystery, Babylon the Great, the Mother of Harlots.' We know this Babylon is religious by the words `Mystery' and `Mother of Harlots'. But, the term in Chapter 18:2 is merely `Babylon the Great'. The Babylon in Chapter 18 is a commercial Babylon.
- Babylon, the harlot of Chapter 17, will be destroyed by the kings (rulers) of the earth. The Babylon of Chapter 18 will be destroyed by God's cataclysmic judgments.
- The Babylon of Chapter 17 will be destroyed by the kings of the earth, who rejoice in her destruction. But, in Chapter 18, the kings and the merchants of the earth lament and weep for the destroyed Babylon. (18:15-19) 2
- Finally, common sense tells us that, once something is destroyed, it is gone. For the Babylons of Chapter 17 and 18 to be the same, the system would have to be destroyed twice. This makes no sense whatever.
THE HEAVENLY ANGEL WHO DELIVERS GOD'S JUDGMENT POSSESSES GREAT (SPECIAL) POWER OR AUTHORITY.
(18:1) "And AFTER these things, I saw another angel come down from heaven, having GREAT power; and the earth was filled with his glory." God has evidently given a special power, to this angel--hence, the words "having great power".
THIS NATION BABYLON HAS BECOME INHABITED BY SATAN AND HIS DEMONS(18:2) "And he cried mightily with a strong voice, `Babylon the great is fallen, and is become the (resort) of (demons), and the (dwelling place) of every foul spirit, and the cage of every unclean and hateful bird.'"
This Babylon has become thoroughly inhabited by Satan and his demons. Remember our earlier discussions of such disgusting, vile American sins, the very nature of which are filled with demons and their activity? These sins have become so pervasive that God is finally moved to physical judgment.
This Nation Is THE CENTRAL NATION In The World.
(18:3) "For all nations have drunk of the wine and the wrath of her (passionate unchastity), and the (leaders) of the earth have committed fornication with her, and the (businessmen) of the earth (have become) rich through the abundance (excessive luxury) of her delicacies."
This is another powerful, overflowing statement. This city/country is THE CENTRAL nation in the world at this time.
- Businessmen of other nations have become excessively, wantonly, filthy rich in their trade with Babylon.
- Babylon must be THE richest nation on earth.
- Babylon must possess an abundance of cash and must be so willing to spend it, that this process enriches the leaders and the businessmen of the world.
- Babylon must be a consumer country without equal, repeatedly buying, using, discarding, and buying again.
- Many Babylonian citizens must also buy merchandise which they do not need. automobiles, T.V. sets, VCR's, homes, furs, expensive clothing, toys, and yachts.
The New Age editor of "USA Today" describes this trend:
Global communications, universal trends, and common aspirations are making us more alike than we are different. We gradually are becoming one world.
More and more people are:
- Eating the same foods.
- Reading the same books.
- Watching the same movies.
- Listening to the same music.
- Enjoying the same sports.
- Sharing the same dreams and drives.
- We share technology...
- We share high-speed transportation..."
"USA culture has become a WORLDWIDE culture..." 4
The Biblical definition of `idolatry': I John 5:21, "Little children, keep yourselves from idols--false gods," Literally means, from anything and everything that would occupy the place in your heart due to God, from any sort of SUBSTITUTE for Him that would take FIRST place in your life.
What is it that the USA has exported to all the nations of the world? We have exported our popular culture, with its values of supremacy of self, and of satisfying oneself completely, instantly. We have exported to the entire world our god of self.
Read the full article at - http://www.cuttingedge.org/ce1038.html